Celebrity News
Cuba Gooding Jr. Faces Two Lawsuits Over Sexual Assault Claims

Cuba Gooding Jr. is facing two new lawsuits from women who claimed that he groped them in separate incidents at New York restaurants in 2018 and 2019.
The lawsuits were filed on Wednesday in New York Supreme Court under the state’s Adult Survivors Act, which is set to expire this week. The law gives plaintiffs a window to file civil claims of sexual offenses that have otherwise been barred by the statute of limitations.
The litigation is the latest against Gooding, who settled a lawsuit in June with a woman who accused him of rape in 2013.
In the 2018 claim, a cocktail waitress working at LAVO restaurant and nightclub in New York accused Gooding of forcing his tongue in her mouth without her consent. Gooding pleaded guilty to a charge related to the incident last year. The lawsuit includes a portion of the transcript from an April, 2022 hearing where Gooding admitted to the conduct. The plaintiff requested that her named not be used.
In the 2019 claim, Kelsey Harbert alleged that Gooding groped her breast after she had sat down next to he and his girlfriend at Magic Hour Rooftop Bar & Lounge. “In response, Plaintiff grabbed Defendant’s hand in order to remove it from her breast to which Defendant then took her hand, put it up to his mouth, and tried to kiss it,” according to the lawsuit.
Harbert filed a police report after the incident. Gooding also pleaded guilty, and the lawsuit included a comment from his hearing in which he said that it was “non-consensual physical contact.”
Read the lawsuit against Gooding here.
In October, 2022, after a judge determined that Gooding had followed the terms of a plea agreement, the actor received no prison time and replaced his misdemeanor plea with a plea to a noncriminal harassment violation.
Both plaintiffs are seeking damages for lost wages, emotional distress, punitive damages, liquidated damages and attorneys’ fees.
A representative for Gooding did not immediately return a request for comment.
Gloria Allred, who is representing the two plaintiffs, said in a statement, “Our clients were deprived of the justice they sought in the criminal case. They are now seeking justice and accountability in their civil cases. We are proud of their courage and intend to vigorously fight for them until they win the justice that they deserve.”
-
Entertainment3 weeks ago
50 Cent Confirms Final Season of BMF with Teaser Trailer
-
Celebrity News3 weeks ago
Suge Knight Puts Tyrin Turner on Blast: Claims Sexual Relationships with Dr. Dre, Jamie Foxx, and Dalvin from Jodeci
-
Celebrity News2 weeks ago
Iggy Azalea Responds to Kanye West’s Latest Outburst Involving Her Son, Claims He Sends Penis Pics To Men
-
Celebrity News5 days ago
Offset’s Girlfriend Posts Video Inside Cardi B’s Atlanta Home Amid Tensions
-
Celebrity News2 weeks ago
Mo’Nique Reignites Feud with Tyler Perry Over Emotional Tribute at Angie Stone’s Funeral
-
Celebrity News2 weeks ago
The Queens of Soul Unite: Gladys Knight, Chaka Khan, Patti LaBelle, and Stephanie Mills Announce Historic Tour
-
Celebrity News5 days ago
Marvin Sapp Responds to Backlash Over Viral “Close the Doors” Offering Video
-
Celebrity News2 weeks ago
Trina’s Husband, Swurv, Arrested for Battery in Miami